OLUMC will remain closed until further notice. As we adjust to this new normal, we will continue offering ways to connect digitally:
- We will host a noonday Devo via Facebook LIVE each Monday through Friday.
- We will post prayers to social media each morning at 7:00 AM.
- We will Facebook LIVE Worship on Sunday, at 11:00 AM. Check out our order of service here.
- We will be looking to host our Grow Study digitally:
- You can access this a number of ways:
- Dial into this number: 1-312-626-6799
- Click here
- Through the Zoom App
- You’ll need the following information to log-in to the meeting:
- Meeting ID: 544-254-796
- You can access this a number of ways:
- Community meal will be served “to-go” style at 5:00 PM.
- Submit a prayer request at any time.
- Lastly, if you need someone to talk to, text us at 214-441-6647 and a pastor or lay leader will text and/or call you back!
We appreciate your understanding in this time and pray that you remain healthy and safe. Please check on one another via text, emails, Skype, Facetime and good old fashioned phone calls – remember your family in this time! We are at a distance physically, but let us not be far apart in heart! #LetLoveContinue #ChurchInTheWorld
Oak Lawn UMC is a hub of transformative Christian Community that is inclusive, expansive, and entrepreneurial. We are a Reconciling Congregation, welcoming people of all ages, races, backgrounds, abilities, economic circumstances, sexual orientations, and gender identities into the life and leadership of our church. We commit to advocating for justice and full inclusion of all people in our congregation and in the community we serve.
OLUMC is led by an incredible group of staff, clergy and laity. We operate on a One Board model whereby our lay leaders collaborate with our staff and clergy on decisions regarding the function and future of the church.
Below you will find a list of all our lay leaders and staff. You can learn more about our lay leaders and additional ad hoc committees and teams at Oak Lawn UMC by visiting our LAY LEADERS page.
Rachel Griffin BaughmanSenior Pastor Rachel.Baughman@olumc.org
Gregg Alan SmithAssociate Pastor Gregg.Alan.Smith@olumc.org
Mara MorhouseAssociate Pastor of Pastoral Care and Communications Mara.Morhouse@olumc.org
Isabel MarquezPastor of Gracia Viva Isabel.Marquez@olumc.org
Cliff BohakerFinance and Operations Clifton.Bohaker@olumc.org
Pat JonesCommunity Relations Coordinator Pat.Jones@olumc.org
Curtis BakerFacilities Manager Curtis.Baker@olumc.org
Brenda CowleyAdministrative Assistant Brenda.Cowley@olumc.org
Your Gift Means
As we at Oak Lawn UMC work to fulfill our mission of creating an open and inclusive Christian Community, we ask for your contribution to support our efforts. By giving to Oak Lawn UMC, you’re sending a message of love and encouragement to those served, inspiring them to share and give forward in their own lives.
*Serving Opportunities Temporarily Cancelled.* Serving on Sundays is always welcome! Click here to see a list of options. Additionally, our outreach ministries are always in need of help. This includes the Oak Lawn Overnight Warming Station, Community Meal, our Clothing Ministry and our Food Pantry.
If you want stay up to date on news and events at OLUMC subscribe to our eNews or opt-in to receive texts from us by texting YES2TEXT to 214-441-6647. Additionally, please enjoy our monthly publication entitled, “We Are Oak Lawn.” There you’ll find more stories about what’s happening in our community!
If you’re interested in taking an OLUMC class or joining a small group, here is a list of groups we have currently or are starting soon:
- *Temporarily taught digitally. See top of page for Zoom access info.* Grow Study on Sundays @ 9:30 AM – here we discuss the sermon scripture in more depth
- *Temporarily Cancelled* Lunch ‘n’ Learn on Sundays @ 12:30 PM – here we go out to lunch together and discuss a topic of interest
- Starting 2/23, we will begin a discussion on Martin Luther King Jr.’s “The Letter from Birmingham Jail.”
- *Still Going!* Lenten Study begins on March 1st and will run through Easter! We will be using Danielle Shroyer’s Original Blessing to guide our sermons and Grow Study!
*Temporarily taught digitally. Please contact Pastor Rachel or Pastor Mara directly if interested in the next round of classes.* Prior to becoming a member at Oak Lawn UMC, we require that you participate in our membership class wherein we discuss our holistic approach to Christian discipleship using the Oak Lawn Bento Box. Once you have completed the class, we will have quarterly joining Sundays followed by a potluck and celebration! Our schedule for 2020 is as follows:
- 2nd Quarter Membership Class: 4/26 – 5/24 Join Date: 5/31
- 3rd Quarter Membership Class: 7/26 – 8/23 Join Date: 8/30
- 4th Quarter Membership Class: 10/25 – 11/22 Join Date: 12/06
*Temporarily cancelled until further notice.* Regardless of whether you’re a seasoned singer or just getting started, we would love to have you join in song with us! Our choir meets weekly on Wednesdays at 7:00 pm to rehearse.
We will be offering services digitally for the time being due to COVID-19. Please see the top of our page for info on how to access our services.
For when things go back to normal: Join us on Sunday to see if Oak Lawn is the right community for you. We offer a study at 9:30 AM, followed by Traditional Worship at 11:00 AM. At 12:30 PM our Spanish-speaking congregation, Gracia Viva, offers a service. We welcome you to them all! Attire is casual but we do suggest you plan to arrive a few minutes early, so you can grab a coffee at Union next door!
Have questions or prayer requests? Get in touch with us via the form below. Or, feel free to reach out to any of our staff directly via the contact information above.
Event Venue Rental
If you’re in need of a meeting space, fill out this form to inquire of room availability and rental rates at Oak Lawn UMC. Please provide date, time and number of people attending and we will respond with a quote.