Classes, Studies or Fellowship Opportunities
- Every Day at 7:00 AM
- Wednesday at 10:00 AM
- Coffee with the Pastors over ZOOM
- See olumc.org/Coffee
- Wednesday at 12:30 PM
- Proverbs Study over ZOOM and Facebook
- See olumc.org/Proverbs
- Wednesday at 7:00 PM – One Time Event
- Virtual Town Hall over ZOOM
- See olumc.org for details
- Thursday at 7:30 PM
- Night of Prayer over ZOOM.
- See olumc.org/Prayer
- Sunday at 9:30 AM
- Digital Grow Study over ZOOM.
- See olumc.org/GrowStudy
- Sunday at 11:00 AM
When YOU need US
- At ANY time:
- Submit a prayer request here.
- At ANY time:
- If you need someone to talk to, text us at 214-441-6647 and a pastor or lay leader will text and/or call you back!
We have a variety of outreach ministries at OLUMC and they are listed below. Not all of our ministries require support at this time but some day they certain will! See below for ways we’ve identified the need for assistance.
- Community meal
- Served “to-go” style at the entrance off Oak Lawn Ave, nearest Dickason Ave.
- See olumc.org/Outreach for a list of all meals offered throughout the week
- Currently, all meals (prep and distribution) are handled by our staff and partner organization, Dallas Hope Charities. This is due to the status of our building, which is currently closed, and the effort to keep folks safe.
- Clothing Closet & Food Pantry
- See olumc.org/Outreach for the process by which someone can REQUEST assistance from these ministries.
- Eventually, we will need to replenish our food and clothing supply. When that time comes, we will most definitely need your help! Stay tuned for more info on “Drive-and-Drop” event.
- Congregational Care Team
- We are now starting to roll our a *NEW* Congregational Care Team which is a group of church members who are gifted in relationship building and connecting. This team will seek to offer care and support to other church members so that we can stay as connected as possible. Pretty simple! Typically, Congregational Care centers around hospital visits or home bound visits, but during this time of pandemic, it will mostly be relationship building through phone calls/emails/texts to care for other people within our church body. Training will be provided! If you’re interested in serving the church on this team, please contact Pastor Mara, Mara.Morhouse@OLUMC.org.
Not gone, just different
- One area that has been reinvented, and for good reason, is our singing ministry, the OLUMC Choir. However, we are still needing good musicians to participate in our digital worship service! If you’re interested in doing so, reach out to Chris Pillsbury, our interim Choir Director at Chris.Pillsbury@gmail.com and express your interest.
- Digital Membership Classes ARE available if the interest is there! We have successfully completed one digital membership class and are open to doing more. If you’re considering joining Oak Lawn UMC, email Pastor Mara, Mara.Morhouse@OLUMC.org, and she’ll connect you to the right folks so you won’t miss a class!
Advocacy and Allies
We are a pretty active church. Whether protesting, demonstrating, or doing the work in our individual lives, we are ALL about advocating and being the best ally we can be. Below are some ways to participate
- When we are planning to go somewhere as a group, we’ll post the event to this page: olumc.org/LetLoveContinue
- If you’d like to join our text group to stay updated as to when the page is updated, text the word UPDATES to the number 214-441-6647 and you’ll be opted-in to our text group.
In your individual lives:
- Check out this resource: “A New Way to Talk with Black and White Theologically Conservative Christians about the Place of Lesbian and Gay People in Our Families, Our Churches and Society.”
Currently, OLUMC engages the congregation via text, email and social media. If you’d like to connect to these platforms to stay updated on announcements, here’s how:
- Text the phrase YES2TEXT to 214-441-6647 and you’ll be opted-in to receive texts
- Follow us on Facebook or Instagram or YouTube
- Sign up for our eNews below