COVID-19 Modification:As we are not allowing folks to enter the building, please see the below flyer to understand expectations for our various meal programs.
Click here for a printable flyer.
Cathedral of Hope offers two additional meal times as part of their programming, separate from OLUMC and DHC. They are located at 5910 Cedar Springs Road and serve at the following days and times:
- Saturday 7:30 am – 9:00 am
- Monday 11:00 am – 12:00 pm
COVID-19 Modification:Please call ahead and make requests over the phone + arrange for pick-up. Persons are not, at this time, allowed to enter the clothing closet. We will gather items for you as available.
Our clothing closet is available for men and women. Note: If you need items for a child, please call to inquire about our inventory: 214-521-5197
COVID-19 Modification:Please call ahead and make requests over the phone + arrange for pick-up.
The OLUMC food pantry is available to those, upon request, who need assistance staying fed. Please call to inquire about our inventory: 214-521-5192
Inclement Weather Shelter
When the temperature is severe, we open our church for shelter. Please visit our page for information on over winter weather shelter: OLOWS page.
- WHEN: Please see the OLOWS page for more specific parameters
- WHERE: At Oak Lawn UMC
- REQUIREMENTS: basic shelter rules apply. Additional requirements may be explained to guests upon arrival.
- No alcohol or drugs on the premises
- No weapons
- No sexual activity
- No animals allowed without proper service animal documentation
- Personal belongings cannot be stored at Oak Lawn UMC; take all belongings with you when you leave
- Smoking is only allowed off the property (sidewalk, not parking lot)
For additional questions regarding the outreach programs at Oak Lawn UMC, please contact us via email.